Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a box of Hella Optilux 1372 driving/fog lights. THey have a bluish tint and a black metal housing, for $40. They look really good and I figure I will install them on the black fork protectors, even though they have a slight curve it'll work somehow.

What I don't get is how to install the wiring, i've never delved into this before, besides hooking up a battery tender. I can figure out some of it except how to "Scotch-lock the bare end of the GREEN wire to the low or high beam lead. Connect the other end of the GREEN wire to the green
switch wire terminal."
The instructions are here http://www.hella.com/produktion/Optilux/WebSite/Docs/Series_N_Instructions.pdf .
any help greatly appreciated, also since i will be installing these onto the fork protectors, i guess it will be odd in the turns since they wont follow the headlights.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got a box of Hella Optilux 1372 driving/fog lights. THey have a bluish tint and a black metal housing, for $40. They look really good and I figure I will install them on the black fork protectors, even though they have a slight curve it'll work somehow.

What I don't get is how to install the wiring, i've never delved into this before, besides hooking up a battery tender. I can figure out some of it except how to "Scotch-lock the bare end of the GREEN wire to the low or high beam lead. Connect the other end of the GREEN wire to the green
switch wire terminal."
The instructions are here http://www.hella.com/produktion/Optilux/WebSite/Docs/Series_N_Instructions.pdf .
any help greatly appreciated, also since i will be installing these onto the fork protectors, i guess it will be odd in the turns since they wont follow the headlights.
This is sort of similar to the hella install I did on my Ford Bronco many years ago. The 'Scotch-lock' is the wire splice used to splice the hella wiring to your wiring. Hella had a few of these in the box, at least for my truck. I'm interested in seeing this mod as well. I've seen these mounted on either the frame or forks. I imagine that it would be great in turns since you may have more light on your edge line.

·
Registered
61 Posts

switch wire terminal."

Hey Argo,

Did you ever get these mounted? Any pics?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I returned them. They looked like they would fit great. The black casing matches nicely, and they looked like they would be a good match with the black fork guards. just that the fork guards are slightly curved. The bluish tint to the glass also complemented the blue bolt and fittings kit i have on.

·
Registered
61 Posts
No I returned them. They looked like they would fit great. The black casing matches nicely, and they looked like they would be a good match with the black fork guards. just that the fork guards are slightly curved. The bluish tint to the glass also complemented the blue bolt and fittings kit i have on.
Interesting... I was just looking at my fork guards last weekend thinking they would make a nice place to mount some lights. Oh well... Thanks for the reply!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts