Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running the Triumph fog lamp kit? If so, how do you like them?
It looks like the Lower air deflector kit will just fit with the fog lamp above it. Anyone got this set up on a Classic?
Also looking at the "LeatherLyke" brand of saddle bags. Anyone seen these?
One other thing, can the tac and speedo guages be tiltes downward a little bit to adjust for my head height when seated on the Rocket?
Thanks
odie
I ran a thread check on the "fog lamps" and came up with nothing.

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
JMO..I bought a set of engine-guard mounted fog lamps back in 2001 for the RK. There almost 9 years old and i've never had any problems with them. To be honest with you, i hardly ever use them.. They are very powerful and blinding to on coming vehicles,which comes in handy for the cage that refuses to turn down his high beams.http://www.latus-harley-davidson.com/Engine-Guard-Mounted-Fog-Lamp-Kit.htm I paid $135. for them. For the $325. http://azsbk.stores.yahoo.net/a9738042.html I'd invest it into something else for the bike unless you live in London lol....JMO

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have the fogs lights and like them, although I think they cost to much. I have them aimed towards the ditches for bambi. I hear the leather likes are great bags, but they approach the fugly idex by 7 on a scale of 10 IMHO.:eek::D

·
Registered
167 Posts
Fog Lights / LeatherLykes

I've mounted the Fog Light kit along with brighter bulbs in the headlights. Both made a tremendous difference. Be sure to adjust the fog lights low enough, as stated earlier, or you'll get lots of cagers flashing lights at you.

I have the Leather Lykes bags mounted and like them very much. If you're looking for fancy bags, these do not fill the bill. But, if you are looking for reasonably priced, functional bags that snap on and off very easily, this is the bag.

·
Registered
761 Posts
http://www.alternativecruisers.com/index.php?topic=2488.0

Here's the link on how to aim your lights. I use the Triumph aux. lights and like them fine. I use them all the time-day and night. The best place to aim them after your twin beams is at the upper line-not the 2" lower. This will make sense after you read the link.
KOF

·
Registered
69 Posts
Installed stock fog lights on my 2006 Rocket III Classic. Don't really use them that much, but when passing semis on a long stretch of road, I turn them on so that oncoming traffic, I may not see, can see me. When my Rocket was totaled in 2007, I stripped the bike, purchased another 2006 Rocket III Classice (NIB) and remounted all my accessories. Since the fog lamps took quite a beating in the accident, I turned them up-side-down so the road rash marks can't be easily seen :) Leather Lyke bags are sweet! Easy on and off, built in helmet lock and they lock. I installed a pair on my 2006 VTX and wish I had them on my Rocket III. I installed stock Triumph leather bags on my Rocket, I like them ok and, when folks asks about the road rash on the bags, I get to bore them to death with my near death experience when my Rocket was wiped out. :) Currently one of the buckles pulled loose from the bag, I need to reattach the buckle to the bag, will do today, I hope!
T-Rex

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the input.
I might go pick up the Rocket this weekend. If weather warms up some, just might do it. It is set and ready to go. The dealer did a vin number check and found no recalls. So I guess the shifting issue is ok and tranny also must be ok. It is a 2008 Rocket 3 Clasic.
I think I will get some time in the saddle before buying the bags and extra lights.
Anything I should ask the dealer before I take delivery?

odie

·
Registered
617 Posts
Just be aware that the transmission will be crude, and noisy especially on downshifts. It is normal, and gets better with miles, so do not worry about it. The reason is straight cut gears they have to use to handle the torque. Up shifting is fine.

Be careful nailing the throttle, and ENJOY!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts