Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally picked up my silver 2005 Sprint ST last night. Found her on craigslist last week and put a security deposit down on the spot. A few scheduling conflicts later and she now sits where she belongs... in my garage. She's the perfect bike to suit my needs commuting 80 miles a day.

I'm looking forward to searching around the forum for experience, advice and new ideas. I have moderated before and know how useful forums can be.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad you like it; I think mine is brilliant too!
Thank you Coroja. It is such a well balanced machine. There's only a couple changes I plan on making to her. This is an oddity as normally the list of add ons or parts to swap out is lengthy.

I have to run through the suspension to verify it is at factory settings. I will then adjust from there.

I want to replace or trim the rear fender as it is too large. But I want to keep the tail light and turn signals at their current size while retaining the plate light.
I will need to replace the exhaust. I need something a bit louder to held these crazy Long Islanders drivers see/hear me. With this does anyone know of the best site to pick one up? I've been searching for a bit now with no real luck.

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Welcome to the site....I recommend you look around at the different forums and become familiar with them. I think Triumphs are great and the site supports that very basic premise. Each forum has a moderator who are there to answer questions and assess problems. If you need something lets us know.. again welcome Lee

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
10 days into Sprint ownership and I have tuneECU downloaded and a TOR exhaust awaiting install when my OBDII cable comes in tomorrow. TuneECU looks to be a fantastic program! I am very appreciative of this site for leading me to it. My dealer was looking for $110 minimum to load a map for me. I would of had the peace of mind that comes along with a professional install, but at a hefty price. After reading all of the threads on the tuneECU program on here I am confident enough to try it out.

I've decided to leave the tail as it is for now. Doesn't really bother me that much. Its also nice to leave some changes for later on...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts