Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,

I have been riding for 10 years, and put on over 90,000 miles, mostly on back roads. Started with a 2001 FZ1 new in 2004, got a 2002 FZ1 with 70,000 miles in 2007 as a rat bike, so I could ride during the winter. Kept both of them until 2013, when I was made an offer I could not refuse. A friend sold me a 2010 Aprilia Tuono Factory for what he had left on his note, so he could buy a Harley to keep his wife happy. Because I can not store three bikes, I sold my 2002 to a friend, leaving my 2001 FZ1 as primary, and the Ape as a secondary.

That was good until a year ago, when a young woman took an illegal U-Turn in front of me, and totaled my FZ1. I was paid an insurance settlement in August of this year, so after much research, and test rides I went with a new Street Triple R

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Welcome from Westborough............did you ever frequent Moto Market?? If so, we probably have met.
Jim

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes Jim, I was a frequent visitor to Moto Mart until they closed. I really miss that place. Paul really did our community a great service

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Just a note here: Some of us from Moto Market meet at Slater's, on Rte 117 in Bolton, on Saturday mornings. They open at 11:30; they do pizza, sandwiches and a few other limited things, and they do a "bike nite" on Thursdays in the warmer weather. They're only about 1 mile east of I-495.
Just in case anyone's interested: Jim

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is the gathering at Slaters through the winter? I am still riding if the salt can wash off the roads, and stay like that for a while.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
We meet at Slater's year 'round. If it's crappy, or salted roads, we just "cage" it; at least we can get together and have a "bull session". On Sundays, those who can get there meet at Kimball Farms, on Rte. 110 in Weston, around 9:30 a.m. For those of you who don't know, it's about a mile or so north of Littleton Center.
Jim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts