Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a source for a fly screen that will mount over the headlight on my bike?
I've searched plenty but most say they will fit newer Hinkley bikes.
Thank you

·
6,299 Posts
Hi Steve,

Welcome to the Forum. :)

I've moved this to the main CVV Forum (you'd posted in a sub-forum that says, "DO NOT POST YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!!" ;)) where more people will read it.

Regards,

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Does anyone know a source for a fly screen that will mount over the headlight on my bike?
I've searched plenty but most say they will fit newer Hinkley bikes.
Thank you
Sorry to be dumb do you want a headlight cover or a small shield to keep the wind off you.

Welcome to the Forum

K

·
Premium Member
9,462 Posts
To me a half fairing covers the top half of the bike, and is about 50/50 Perspex and fibreglass
A flyscreen is 100% Perspex and hardly goes past the headlamp bolts?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your help. I found a whole bunch of fly screens on Amazon and bought a cheap one from China to see if it is really what I want.
Thanx again,
Steve

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Steve

I am still not exactly sure what you are looking for. If you want a small fairing/windshield like the ones by airtech or one like on your Ural. Then there is the one like on my T140 if you can see it on my Avitar. I also have a smaller one on my T140D.

Might I suggest that you look at the products made by National Cycle in Maywood, Illinois. They make an excellent product and used to come to the dealership I worked at in the early 80's to measure bikes.

As far as finding an application chart that will list a 70 T100C probably not going to happen. However a 70 T100 & a say 78 T140 handlebar/headlight area have much in common. When National Cycle was in checking/measuring Yamahas at the store they also did The T140 Triumph's.

Most of the small to full size screens at the time were handlebar mount. And as this is pretty much a one size fits all we found what would fit a UJM would usually fit a Triumph.

What I used to use as a fitment guide was if a shield would fit a 78-80 Yamaha SR 500 or XS650 it would fit a Triumph Twin 1963 up. The one bit of interference you need to watch for one your bike is the ignition switch in the fork ear.

Best of luck to you. I had this almost done before your last post so I figured I would send it anyway.

K

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanx so much for your response(s).
I think I want the very small fly screen. I ordered a cheapy from Amazon to see how it would fit, function, or
even if I like it at all.
Thanx again, Steve
P.s I will try to change my avatar from the Ural to my T100C.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you change the picture new one has to have the puppy

K
Well, that big lug in my new avatar is not exactly a puppy, but a new puppy wouldn't be a bad idea!
I received the fly screen from Amazon and will mount it and post a pic tomorrow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts