Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting a fly screen for use on longer/higher speed trips.
I have the Triumph "summer" screen now, but I neither like the looks of it, nor the difficulty in putting on and taking off.

Ease of on/off with the fly screen?

Any other comments, experiences would be appreciated.

By the way, I am 5'7" and have the lowered Brent single seat, so I ride fairly low.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Scott, the Triumph fly screen might work well work you. It was probably my first addition to the bike, close to a year ago. I'm 6'2" and it definitely helps but I still get some wind around my head.

It installs and removes easily enough, one screw on each side removes it. You can adjust the height and angle as needed, to some degree at least. It looks pretty cool too!

I've been considering a removable larger screen like Windvest for long-distance and/or highway speed riding and I might be willing to part with my fly screen. Let me know if you're interested.

[ This message was edited by: Silverado57 on 2006-12-08 12:45 ]

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pm sent

·
Registered
49 Posts
The flyscreen causes almost no buffeting. Takes some of the wind off the chest and keeps the bug off your speedometer. You can also duck your head down behind it in inclimated weather. Bigger screens almost always have some issues.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I used the fly screen for about a month this summer. It certainly took the wind pressure off my chest but increased wind noise a lot. I tried a few different angles for the screen, it helped a little but in the end its sitting in the garage gathering dust.

·
Registered
98 Posts
radio dog, i have a free dyno run voucher, if you would like to do a swap, my dyno run voucher for your fly screen?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts