Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Agree with Cheapb.
No
Its purely cosmetic in my opinion.

·
Registered
139 Posts
As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I kinda like the look of the fly screen, so I bought one during the recent 50% off sale. My interest was purely cosmetic, so I don't care if it improves wind management, although that would be a plus.

However, I do care if it actually creates a problem (e.g., creates more buffeting on my helmet). If that's the case, it'll be up for sale faster than I got it (which won't be hard to do).

[ This message was edited by: Warp8 on 2007-03-09 13:21 ]

·
Registered
97 Posts
old school vetter windshields are making a comeback. Retro is in. Nostalgia is sheik this week.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Nope... Just took mine off and didn't notice any diff...
They do look nice (odd)

·
Registered
644 Posts
I think they do, at higher speeds. Cruising at 80-90 it makes a difference. You get better fuel economy too (not that I care to be honest) but I rode 1,000 k's with another 1050 with no screen and he was getting 2 to 3 litres more in the tank than me at fill ups. I weigh more and we were at the same pace.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I think that it makes my bike look pissed. I think the S3 looks unfinished without it. And it does keep water out of the instruments quite well.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
On 2007-03-09 17:26, StuckInKansas wrote:
I think that it makes my bike look pissed. I think the S3 looks unfinished without it. And it does keep water out of the instruments quite well.
You just forgot what it looked like :-D :hammer:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Of course it makes a difference. Go make a top speed run with it off.....and then with it on. Big difference!!! I did this twice when I first got mine because I thought it was my imagination. I know some of you don't like the looks of it but I see alot of ugly sh!t on other bike around here so to each his own I guess.

·
Registered
77 Posts
At 142 mph who knows, I have always had it and think its a good finish to the bike. With my paint job all the extras come together and the screen is kick ass.

[ This message was edited by: bichomalo on 2007-03-09 22:40 ]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts