Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I finally got around to installing my Fly Screen on my ST-R this afternoon and took her out on the highway. I honestly don't notice much of a difference compared to when I had no screen for the last 2 months. There is possibly a slight reduction in chest wind, but that is easily dwarfed by an slight increase in helmet wind.

I'm about 5'10" with 30" inseam, so not a particular tall guy. I was hoping this would help more with highway wind since I do a lot of highway riding here in SoCal. Oh well, I'll give it a couple days before removing it and putting it up for sale. Anyone interested in a matte graphite fly screen?:rolleyes:

Rob

·
Registered
267 Posts
The fly screen won't do much for you other than adding a bit of jazz to the machine, however, once you add the molded visor... It's a world of difference :)

P.S.
I'm nearly the same height/inseam as you.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All things considered, I rather the look of the bike completely naked. The fly screen alone isn't too bad looking, but I'm not a big fan of the piece that goes on top of it (visor). If that's what it takes to get proper wind protection, than I'll just bear the wind then. I still grin ear to ear regardless when I'm riding this thing.:D

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Isn't the idea and design requirement to "tuck-in" super tight behind these tiny, aerodynamic screens?

Otherwise, I don't think you'll get the intended effect.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree with this. I have the viser kit and if you sit upright, the wind will hit your helmet and the end result is not to different from just the fly screen alone.

However, tucking under the viser, even just a little bit, makes a huge difference. I can testify to that!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I'm removing this from my bike. It isn't producing the areodynamics I was told it would. It'll either be returned to my dealership, if they allow me to, or will be put up on ebay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts