Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's gift-givin' time and I'm thinking of floorboards for the Redhead's America. I know a lot of folks here have 'em - what did you choose and how do you like 'em? I'm leaning toward the Rivco but maybe there's something by Kuryakyn or someone else that's better.

·
Registered
145 Posts
as always it is personal taste. i was looking at a r3 touring bike 07. i asked them if they would take the floorboards off. too harley for me. i like the pegs. i would consider crash bars with foot rests. follow you heart. :cool:

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
I don't like floorboards mainly because of the look. So i bought Kuryakyn switchblades. They look great and being flat they give your feet similar support. they feel worlds better than the stock pegs.

·
Registered
311 Posts
The only ones I've heard of are Triumph's and Rivco. Most everyone that has them likes them. they allow your feet to be more under you than out front.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the Triumph boards & love them. They will sure save your butt if the bike has to go down. I am sure the rest of the boards are good...it's just a matter of taste...

·
Registered
154 Posts
The floorboards are one of the best "modifications" I made. Keep your eyes open for a used Triumph set. I picked up a set $200 shipped. I think they look great and allow you to move your feet around quite a bit. My calve is positioned almost perpendicular to the ground (long legs). I really didn't like my feet being too far forward, so the floorboard positioning is nice. The chrome on the mounting brackets does stink though.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I bought a pair of UK ebay, and was pre warned they had a little rust on the bottoms... but for a couple of hours of polishing it off I paid half the price of new. Triumph chroming strikes again.... The tops look new, so I'm not worried.
Put them on today, and while I've only done couple of miles with them, they are really comfy. Wish I'd got some before... Gonna keep an eye on the bottoms though. I'll be riding over the winter and the salt...
I'll let you know what I think when I've done some serious distances. However we have had rainy day after rainy day....and so little journeys are enough. It only stopped long enough for me to fit them!

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
ditto Daz's comments.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts