Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
I havent been on this site for some time as ive been busy with new job and the family. I did put put a question on here some time ago regarding my carbs on my 1995 Triumph sprint. They where burbling and desperately trying to run on 2 cylinders.I havnt touched the bike for for a few months so decided to do a little investigation. I ve striped the carbs and had the ultrasoniclly cleaned WOW what a difference, they look like new anyway put them all back together exactly as the haynes manual says then back in the bike. Guess what still the same bloody problem. I had a look around the net and found this http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347184 I know this is a bst40 carb and mine is a bst34 but look at floats they are identical . Now the haynes manual says the float height should be 14.5mm which i have set mine to . The middle of the float on the web site is set parallel to the gasket face of the carb making a big difference . So the question is Which is correct way to set the float height.

Brewster

1 - 1 of 1 Posts