Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 930 amal that has a bad float bowl, i got a used replacement float bowl, when i purchased it looked exactly the same, but when i was going to adjust the float i noticed that there is a cutaway where the brass needle seat is, can i use this bowl. will it make a difference if one carb has it and the other doesn't.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just encountered another problem, i was installing the float bowl screws on the other carb and the screw hole is striped, how can i deal with this?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got a longer screw for carb so thats fixed.still not sure about cutout though. is the seal the only thing between the manafold and carb. i seem to have a couple of smaller seals leftover about the size of the hole in the block that goes between the carb and manafold. do these go on there somehow.

·
Registered
810 Posts
If this cutaway does no more then hold more gas, imo it wouldn't matter , if the needle still seats properly. One carb will run out of gas faster if the fuel supply is shut off. I don't know exactly what you have so someone here may know why the cutaway is there. As for your stripped screw problem, I use 'Form a Thread". Its simple to use. I have it on my gear box level bolt hole. Ive used it a few times in other projects. Just don't use it inside a motor where oil circulates. Follow instructions and make sure the area is superclean! If you use it on a blind hole, [that is not a through hole], always leave the lockwasher off when you create your new thread. You want your new thread longer than the bolt assembly, that way when you assemble it with the lock washer the bolt will have clearance and not bottom out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts