Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did my rejet for the first time today and like everyone have warned and pointed out, the bolt near the idle adjustment is the tricky one to loosen. So I stripped that bolt and had a hard time getting it out...

I tried to wiggle the float bowl opened with 3 screw out thinking I could loosen it.. (not a smart move) And it cracked and fall off...

The fortunate thing though the crack wasnt big enough to affect the bowl cover itself, so now it is secured with only 3 bolts..

I asked the dealer if I can order that part, I was told that Triumph does not sell only that part... He suggested that I looked for used one...

Any idea where I can find it used?

·
30,531 Posts
Piemans approach is your best and most inexpensive bet, otherwise keep an eye out for carbs on ebay. They sell for between 100 and 150 dollars.

You can place a wanted ad in our classifieds too - I am sure there are folks on here with sets hanging around - with all the FCR39s and Mik 42s that have been fitted in their place!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks PieMan... I will try the JD Weld.. Hopefully that works...

mikeinva, I tried lookin at sudco, but doesn't look like they carry the Keihin model for the bonnie..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts