Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
14 Tiger 800xc
Was out for a nice drive in the country. Then, at 80mph, felt the front end start vibrating. By the time I pulled over, the tire was flat, and part of the tube protector was hanging out of the side. ARGH!! Before I shut it off, I noticed the abs light, and the service engine light both came on. I got it home and am now waiting on a new tube. But I believe the abs and service engine lights are still on. Reason? I'm sure the part tube protector that was hanging out was slapping the abs sensor. Could this be damaged? Can it be fixed? Would this also set off the service engine light?

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
I would say it's more likely that the wiring to the sensor is damaged. They are very small gauge wires inside the black sheathing. Inspect the full length of the wire harness to see if it is cut, or even just some evidence of impact damage. I replaced my sensor a few years ago due to a damaged wire. I purchased a used one on eBay. The hardest part of replacement was routing it up around the headstock area. It connects under the fuel tank, so of course you have to remove that.

An ABS fault stores a code that also turns on the service engine light. I have the capability to clear the codes with DealerTool, but if you fix or replace the sensor, it may go off on it's own, although the code will still be stored.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's what I figured it was. Those darn sensors aren't cheap, although I have seen the used ones on flEBAY for a good price.
I also have been eyeballing that DealerTool program. At the time I'm running ios and chrome. Has anyone ever ran that through a chromebook before? I guess if I had to I could pull the old dinosaur pc, which is windows, out of the closet and hook it up.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
I recently inquired about my DealerTool license; interested in installing it on a Windows 10 PC laptop. I would have to upgrade my harness as well as my software, the version I have will not work with Windows 10. So I think I'm just going to keep my old netbook around just for that purpose. So I would imagine that they don't sell the previous version for that old PC of yours. But contact them with your questions, they are usually pretty good about returning your inquiry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts