Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone help..... have just fitted the l brackets to my bike and have bought a second hand pack rack PF14/B which is supposed to be correct for my bike(as stated on ventura site).

Get the rack and it is too narrow to fit in the ends of the L-brackets! I have looked at pics on ventura site and I appear to have fitted the brackets correctly so I'm thinking that the part number for rack must be wrong... any ideas????:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
Have any pictures?

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
Although I don't have experience with this setup, it looks like the mounting brackets can only mount one way which is how you have them. What is the difference between the bracket width and the pack's mounting point width? It doesn't look like the mounting brackets can bend inward any further, so I think the pack is the wrong one.

Have you tried calling the manufacturer and running it past their tech. department?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks

Hi

thanks for looking.... I have the technical number and that was to be my next point of call..... will give them the distance it is out and see if they can advise

V

·
Registered
495 Posts
Vegasoul I have such a rack on my Bonnie - the instructions say to fit the rack very loosely, insert the top U bracket, Bag rack or whatever top part you have, snug the thumb screws down and then tighten the hardware under the seat so that the ends are properly aligned. The Ventura website ( http://www.ventura-bike.com/ ) even has some flash videos where they do an install and you can watch.

Let me know if you are still stuck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Coldnight

I have managed to sort the problem.... the 1st rack was the wrong size but now have the correct one.Following your advice the rack fits perfectly. Many thanks

V

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hi Coldnight

I have managed to sort the problem.... the 1st rack was the wrong size but now have the correct one.Following your advice the rack fits perfectly. Many thanks

V
Glad to help!

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
Good deal! I'm glad that all worked out before needing a sawzall! :eek: Do you mind taking a few after-shots of the bike? I'm interested in how it looks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts