Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi anyone got experience of fitting the factory aero screen. Got one for Xmas (hooray) but no fitting guide in the box.

SteveK :???:

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's very easy - just take out the two plastic flathead screws at the top of the screen. It then just lifts out and you put the new one in the same way. Don't overtighten the screws since the nuts are held captive with a rubber sleeve that can tear easily.

Mark

·
Registered
83 Posts
Oh well I see I was slow on my post. That's the way to do it al right. Be cautious on marring the screw slots. I like to wipe any dirt of the track the screen fits into before replacing it.

Question: The Aero screen you got. Is it tinted like the stock screen or clear? I received one that was clear which did not look so good. I have visited 4 dealers in my area, and they all seem to have the clear screen. Sure would like to find the tinted one like on the 2007.

Jeff

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On 2006-12-25 21:32, motomyth wrote:
Oh well I see I was slow on my post. That's the way to do it al right. Be cautious on marring the screw slots. I like to wipe any dirt of the track the screen fits into before replacing it.

Question: The Aero screen you got. Is it tinted like the stock screen or clear? I received one that was clear which did not look so good. I have visited 4 dealers in my area, and they all seem to have the clear screen. Sure would like to find the tinted one like on the 2007.

Jeff
Hi! Thanks to Mark and yourself for the helpful replies. It looked easy, but bitter experience has taught me to ask advice first with these things and it cost 80 quid after all!!! :razz: I have the tinted screen, I did not specify this, and assumed that I would received the same tint as the standard screen which proved to be the case. Now as soon as the in laws have finished with the festive cheer, I can get out and fit it and go for a test ride. Joy! :-D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts