Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience of or can point me in the direction fitting Mk2 Amal Concentrics to a 790cc Bonneville?

The idea is we want to splay the carbs by angling the rubbers or mounting spigots and fit either bell mouths or small filters.

We dont really want to use the existing carbs because of the choke linkage etc that binds the carbs together.

Any technical comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Norman Hyde in the UK had a kit he was selling for a while but it doesn't appear to be on his website any longer. I believe Peter Jenks (late of Jenks Bolts) had some input and tested it on a 790 Bonnie on behalf of Burlen who now own the Amal brand. Apparently they didn't work too well and needed more development. I suspect that development never happened and Norman canned the idea. I kind of got the impression that the quality of the carbs wasn't much better than back in the day when Concentrics were fitted to the "original" Bonnies and they tended to be a bit troublesome. If you email Norman he might help you out with some advice - http://www.normanhyde.co.uk/contact.php

1 - 6 of 6 Posts