Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just about to fit some aftermarket bars, and a Shift-Tech hugger to my '07, I have a couple of questions before I get started.

RE: Hugger

I notice at the front of the swingarm, where the hugger attaches there are what appear to be 3 black plugs. Am I supposed to remove these and bolt the hugger to the swingarm at these points? Are these actually the mounting points for the factory hugger?

My bike has been lowered 50mm (2") in the rear. I'd like to hear from anyone that has fitted a hugger to a lowered bike, cause I'm guessing there may be some issues getting the hugger in there...it's a pretty tight space.

RE: Bars (Stupid question)

I notice on the stock bars, that the riser clamps have some kind of cap over the heads of the bolts. I gather I remove these using a flat head screwdriver or similar to get to the bolts. Is that correct?

I'll actually be replacing the risers (I'm fitting Rizoma fat bars), so I guess this may be redundant, given that I could just leave the bars connected to the risers and remove the whole lot together...any advice appreciated. :cool:

Thanks,
Jonty

[ This message was edited by: JontyG on 2007-02-08 18:24 ]

·
Registered
936 Posts
On the Hugger, Take the 3 plugs out you will find threaded holes, Just line your hugger up and put in the screws. As simple as that :-D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts