Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m interested in purchasing the M4R Matris Steering Damper; however, I want to make sure that I can continue to use my front paddock stand, and there is a queston of clearance between the two.

My paddock stand is manufactured by Pit Bull, and the model is the one which raises the front of the bike via a pin up and into the head stock.

The picture I received of the mounting from PJ's Parts (see attached photo) shows that the pin insertion point is clear; however, a side view would provide me with greater confidence, since some of the pit stand extends slightly beyond the pin insertion point.

Does anyone out there have the Matris damper installed and could provide me with a picture of the side view of the installation?

I'd hate to buy the damper only to find out that I could not use my Pit Bull paddock stand. I would apprciate any insight.

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Reasonable? I don't think I've found a reasonable price for any gas-charged steering damper; but I think that is because I've tended to go for the high-end stuff.

I've found PJ's Parts is the best place for service on these specialty items in the USA, and so that is often my first choice. Their list price for the M4 is $720.

Of note, PJ suggests that "the M4R is a bit overkill on the wallet and you'd be fine with the M3", but for the extra $100 or so, I'm inclinded to go for the gas-charged M4R.

Now, the bigger question is: "Is the Matris the best damper?" And, the answer to that question is: "no". The best damper on the market is the Arrow Special Parts unit, which has better symetry in its resistence (same resistence to force in both directions); however, I have not been able to find a mounting kit for the Speed Triple.

Anyway, my request still stands - If anyone outhere can provide insight to my question about fit of the damper with the Pit Bull front paddock stand (see original post), please let me know.

·
Banned
557 Posts
I have a Matris samper and a Pitbull front stand.

You have to remove the damper each time you use the stand. it's easy, don't have to remove the WHOLE assembly, just the 2 bolts under the headstock. Quick and easy. No biggy. I take it all off as it's a chance to detail clean the damper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts