Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BBC.com has a video of an unbelievable fish farm right in the middle of the desert. It uses clean salt water that was found in an aquifer a couple hundred meters deep.

The fish are sea bass and the farm makes a fortune exporting to Europe. The water is cleaner than any ocean and all waste water is used to grow salt tolerant plants.

Very good use of all natural resources proving that it can be done. Good vid.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Hap... Buddy...

If you are going to continue sharing stuff like this with the forum, here is what you do:

1. While you are reading the story click your cursor in the address bar of your browser.

2. Hold down the "Ctrl" button on your keyboard and hit the letter "A". This selects the entire address of the article, story, etc...

3. Then while still holding down the "Ctrl" button hit the letter "C". This copies that address to the virtual clipboard in your computer.

4. Then browse over the the forum and post your impressions of said article and at the appropriate point in your post, select a clean space in the post and hold down the "Ctrl" key and hit the letter "V". This will post a link to the story into your post.

The whole process take about a half a second once you get the hang of it.

Not being a smart alek or anything, just trying to be helpful. :)

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
I've been trying to train my old dog to fetch my slippers.... It's pretty frustrating.... :)

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
Be patient with HAP. He's still getting used to using a phonograph.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hap... Buddy...

If you are going to continue sharing stuff like this with the forum, here is what you do:

1. While you are reading the story click your cursor in the address bar of your browser.

2. Hold down the "Ctrl" button on your keyboard and hit the letter "A". This selects the entire address of the article, story, etc...

3. Then while still holding down the "Ctrl" button hit the letter "C". This copies that address to the virtual clipboard in your computer.

4. Then browse over the the forum and post your impressions of said article and at the appropriate point in your post, select a clean space in the post and hold down the "Ctrl" key and hit the letter "V". This will post a link to the story into your post.

The whole process take about a half a second once you get the hang of it.

Not being a smart alek or anything, just trying to be helpful. :)
Whay to much work for an old man's feeble mind.

I will try not to quote rather than work up a lather learning new tricks.

No more fish stories for you guys.:D

·
Registered
10,706 Posts
Interesting story. Good for them.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
HAP, I will out you on the link thing...remember, I said it wouldn't come cheap :)

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
HAP!!

Joining this website takes more technical nouse than copying and pasting a link.

Why do you enjoy being so stubborn?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay the two of you, Bo and LittleJoe. I feel that by merely looking and finding and telling you guys about neat/cool/redundant stuff I have done my job.

Joe remember how old and feeble I am please.:D

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
LOL. That's too bad, I was going tot invite myself over for the MotoGP round. :)

·
Banned
9,333 Posts
HAP Im heading down there to teach you basic meta tags and how to post links and pics.

See ya soon fella.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using two fat thumbs.com

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL. That's too bad, I was going tot invite myself over for the MotoGP round. :)
Well hell, I thought you were holding me up for money like any old blackmailer. I am about 185 miles away. When they get her up and going come on. We have the room and besides we got Jonks room all cleaned and ready to use again.

You're invited if you don't blackmail me for that slight old age admission I made.:D

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I can let that one slide I suppose...I'll just blackmail you to let me ride one of the bikes in the garage. I'm easy like that :)

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
HAP is easy to blackmail. He actually thought Mark and I were starting a bar.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hey, go easy on the old guy. He's probably exhausted from shoveling the coal to keep the steam up in his computer.

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
I don't believe you uncleal. HAP has a very efficient computer that only needs one hop of coal per month; no extraneous shovelling required.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Folks, I really have to admit to having stretched the truth about the old computer. It runs on gas and the addition of grain corn alcohol has clogged the carbs something fierce but still is faster than the coal powered one.

Lefty. Did you and Mark scam me????

Joe. All I have left for folks to ride is a 1948 Triumph 150 Terrier. It is a 4 stroke though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts