Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ride Report

Just returned from a quick 500 mile trip. My fist lengthly experience with the new lowered foot pegs.

Conclusion:

They are amazing. The 30mm makes a world of difference on an extended ride. Short rides indicated they would be an improvement, but after 4 continuous hours in the saddle, they are a vast improvement. Well worth their price.

I will go as far to say that they will double my daily riding mileage comfort limit.

It's the knees, man! Gotta have knee room!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks for the update! Now all I gotta do is save up for that and the other farkles that I want to get. That list just keeps growing.

·
Registered
111 Posts
How easy are they to install and set up?

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And one more question ... have you scraped them yet? If so, how much do they impinge on cornering clearance? Thanks in advance ...
Cal,

I haven't scraped them yet. I've tried on our local county roads, but so far, no.

Obviously they have a bit less ground clearance than stock. I may be able to scrape them when I tour the mountains.

Either way, I needed the knee room and I needed the comfort. If I hadn't discovered the lower pegs, I would have traded the Sprint. I'm tall and my legs were too cramped for lengthly (day-long) rides.

For comparison, my mate has a 2008 K1200S. We compared them side by side. Now, my Sprinty has the exact same leg room as the larger K bike. Just sit on a stock K bike and you will feel exactly how my Sprint feels.

One advantage of these pegs is that they are fully adjustable, 360 degrees. In just a few seconds, I can swing them upward, adjust the shifter and brake lever and actually ADD more ground clearance. Thirty MM's worth higher.

Keep them low for road trips. Adjust them high for a track day.

Appears to be a win-win.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts