Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went down for the first time in 15 years of riding.The bike just slid to a stop and made no contact with the other vehicle. My insurance is being a pain and not wanting to pay for repairs. So I may have to undertake this myself. The frame sliders did a great job and only one side of the bike is damaged. First question, does anyone know of a good place to get a clutch cover for a 07 Speed Triple. Also, what is the piece called that is scratched in the picture along with the clutch cover? I will need the rear right fairing, exhaust, seat and both rims as well. The handlebars are also shot but I have some clip-ons that originally came with the bike that I can use in the meantime. Picture included.

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
If you're in the USA it is worth putting that in profile or post as places to buy stuff differ in USA / Europe etc

·
Registered
155 Posts
bummer about the bike ... sounds like you are alright and that's what matters... the bike will be fixed .. unfortunately it is the gamble we take when we lift the kickstand every time we go out ... i just had a mishap as well and will be fixing my bike too but on the stator side.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
bummer about the bike ... sounds like you are alright and that's what matters... the bike will be fixed .. unfortunately it is the gamble we take when we lift the kickstand every time we go out ... i just had a mishap as well and will be fixing my bike too but on the stator side.
Sorry to hear man. I hope that you're OK.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies, I am not sure why the pictures posted upside down. They are orientated correctly on my PC. I am located in the US and will update that in my profile. I didnt walk away injury free. My ankle is broken and I suffered a "severe concussion". Also my riding glove ripped and i have some nasty road rash on my hand. Its my fault, I was traveling well above the speed limit and being a little reckless at 2 am. I was in the middle of no where when the accident happened but the bike started and I rode it home and then drove myself to the hospital. It was an interesting night to say the least.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts