Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
I purchased the third year warranty for $500 which gives me $200 back in parts. I put the $200 towards my windshield and they gave me the 1st service free which is around $300. So you just break even but get and extra year on the warranty side.
Is that extra year covered by Triumph? If so, that's a great deal. (My dealer offered me the usual third party extended warranty. I passed.)

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am heading up tomorrow for the 1st service. I purchased the third year warranty for $500 which gives me $200 back in parts. I put the $200 towards my windshield and they gave me the 1st service free which is around $300. So you just break even but get and extra year on the warranty side. Good so far only it is a 3.5 hour ride one way, all highway to the dealer and the service takes around 3 hours. It will be a long day tomorrow and it is going to rain. The dealer told me they use a break-in oil in the engine that they must remove and must be done at the location you purchased the bike due to the deal on the warranty. After the first service I can do my own service and I will do all the rest unless I have a warranty problem. :grin2:
You are in Massachusetts - In the USA you are not required to have the dealer or any manufacturers authorized service group complete any of your service for warranty coverage (federal law). You should keep receipts for oil filters etc. and document date and mileage of the listed service intervals service for any engine work to be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well I am back from my 1st service. I left my home at 7:30 AM and got back at 4:30 PM, not bad. It took around 3.5 hours to get to the dealer due to rain and traffic but the ride was ok as long as I could stay away from the tractor trailers. Wind protection on the speedmaster is lacking a bit even with the wind deflector mounted on my windshield. May be due to the fact that I am coming off a Yamaha Super Tenere that had great wind protection and shaft drive. My dealer is National Power Sports in Pembroke NH and I was able to watch them do the service which was great. I must say they checked many more things then I thought they would and had my bike on the lift with-in minutes. The service took about one hour, they did test ride the bike and stamped my service manual. The ride home had less traffic and I was able to make great time. One funny thing that happened on my way home is a state trooper ran out on the highway and pointed at me to pull over, I was in the center lane. My cruise control was set at 70 in a 65 and my GPS said 68 so the two cars in the right lane pulled over and I just kept going. I figured if he really wanted me to pull over he would be coming up hard on me but he did not. I am able to do my own service going forward and I will but this one was free and to me worth the ride.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here in Chicago, the first service for my Speed Twin cost $406!!! That's a very expensive oil change! What a rip off.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Did my own today, decided my time and money was of more value than the dealer would more than likely provide.

Besides it’s a lot closer than 330 km from your house ? to the shed ?

Time saved gives you the afternoon to head over to Dan O’Connell’s ??

21 - 28 of 28 Posts