Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
My son passed his learner's licence test while we were away in Vietnam. I borrowed a Yamaha XT660 from my bike mechanic yesterday as Leonie's bike was having the valve clearances done (20,000Km).

Nice little bike. A bit choppy but OK as a learner. Daniel and I had a short ride for his first road experience with a few roundabouts, highway, U turns and my favourite twisties (near my place) albeit at a sedate speed. :)

Great to share the experience with him. Very enjoyable. Maybe we'll try heading up Mount Glorious next week. He is looking to buy a little Ninja even though I have warned him of the $ in repairing fairings. :)
Your son now knows what he may look like in 30 years time - you look like twins 30 years apart .... a difficult birth ?

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Great stories
I got back into bikes because of my son buying a street bike 2 yrs ago. he's my youngest ( 21) so I know he will be getting on with life soon so I'm enjoying it while I can. Took this pic on the Cherohala Pkwy where we met up with a friend whom I've known since grade school and his son who flew in from N.Y. for a great father son week end biking in the mountains.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts