Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WELL, AFTER 3 WEEKS OF STARING AT IT, AND OUT THE WINDOW AT THE WEATHER, WE FINALLY HAD A NICE DAY AND I WENT FOR A RIDE! ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW! NO BUYERS REMORSE HERE! WHAT A GREAT MACHINE! PLENTY OF POWER, NO BAD MANNERS, AND LOTS OF GRINS PER MILE, FUEL STOP TURNED INTO A HALF HOUR TO EXPLAIN IT WASNT A RESTO BUT IN FACT A NEW TRIUMPH. MY ONLY COMPLAINT, THE MIRRORS! ABSOLOUTELY USELESS! I LIKE BAR END MIRRORS BUT I DONT THINK THEY,D LOOK RIGHT ON THIS BIKE. ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS? IM JUST TO WIDE TO SEE AROUND THEM. ID ALSO LIKE TO THANK ALL CONTRIBUTORS TO THIS BOARD, BECAUSE OF YOU I WAS ABLE TO PERFORM THE AI REMOVAL, AND BAFFLECTOMY WITH NO PROBLEMS. REGARDS! JOHN

·
Registered
459 Posts
I put Yamaha V-Max mirrors on my stems last week and they work brilliantly

I've just been in touch with my dealer who does Triumph AND Yamaha and they are checking to see if a black version is available - let you know later today

perhaps you could go with Chrome mirrors for the sake of practicality - if it wouldn't spoil the look of your bike

·
Registered
459 Posts
My dealer didn't come back to me so I guess the V-Max mirrors aren't available in black

·
Registered
146 Posts
You can buy mirror extensions or make your own, Jack lilley sells them he is a triumph dealer in england. I bought some chrome sleeves and lock washers, tapped the sleeves threaded in a stud and extended my mirrors an 1" and it helped a bunch. the jack lilley extensions are 2". Some people use the Yamaha Vmax mirrors but they are more a cruiser look. I like the retro "mickey mouse ears" but I am in the minority. If you are interested I will try to find my old post with a better explanation and pictures of my installation. let me know.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The mirrors are OK for ya'll skinny little kids but all I could see before adding extensions were my shoulders or the sides of the road.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks all for the replies! im kind of a big boy too.....all i see when i look in the mirrors are my shoulders. back to being cold here again. ill look into those options today! regards john

·
Registered
35 Posts
THE MIRRORS! ABSOLOUTELY USELESS!>>

a couple of people have put the stalks in a vise and bent them downward with good results.

Tiger and S3 mirrors should fit on your stalks and are black and a bit longer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts