Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Here are pix of my 07 T100 and 08 ST:

thanks for the pics ! I am considering the Thrux seat and cowl for my T100 Bonneville as you have done. Not sure if the black Thrux cowl will go with my Forest Green/ New England White paint scheme though.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I've been had!

I even used the 'choke' this morning since it was a bit cold...

How embarrassing...:eek:
Don't be embarrassed. I rode the SE Bonneville last week. It IS fuel injected and the "choke" lever must still be pulled out on cold start. You are telling the computer to "choke" it. WAY cool bike. I absolutely love it. I questioned my dealer about the whole choke lever too. It just seems weird that a FI bike would use that. Regardless I really really like the FI Bonny.

·
Registered
685 Posts
thanks for the pics ! I am considering the Thrux seat and cowl for my T100 Bonneville as you have done. Not sure if the black Thrux cowl will go with my Forest Green/ New England White paint scheme though.
The black cowl and black Thrux seat all blend together. So many folks comment on the sleek, cafe-type look of my "1960s restored" Bonnie. Many just don't believe me when I tell them it's an 07.

Aside from the lower bars and Napolean bar end mirrors, it's the cowl and slim seat that really gives it that distinctive look. Then, when I start it, the Noman Hyde silencers draw their attention for a second look.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The black cowl and black Thrux seat all blend together. So many folks comment on the sleek, cafe-type look of my "1960s restored" Bonnie. Many just don't believe me when I tell them it's an 07.

Aside from the lower bars and Napolean bar end mirrors, it's the cowl and slim seat that really gives it that distinctive look. Then, when I start it, the Noman Hyde silencers draw their attention for a second look.
that's the look I'm going for as well. I was relieved to find that the Thrux seat just bolts right on the Bonneville. What flyscreen is that on your bike.. looks very nice !

·
Registered
685 Posts
that's the look I'm going for as well. I was relieved to find that the Thrux seat just bolts right on the Bonneville. What flyscreen is that on your bike.. looks very nice !
The Thrux gel seat fits perfectly onto the Bonnie. I suggest getting the short seat bolt extensions for easy tightening and removal of the seat.

I bought the longer extensions and they are a very tight fit. You can also buy cowl bolts for easy fastening and removal.

The flyscreen is a Dart: http://www.dartflyscreens.com/en/bonneville.html

All of the above can be purchased at newbonneville.com under the Bonneville and Thruxton headings. I bought my Thrux seat and cowl at MADSS (http://www.madss.com/). Cheapest price and free shipping over $40, at least in the US.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts