Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the forecast today was a high of 47, sunny, with a slight breeze....just what was needed to get the bike out of mothballs.

Charged up the battery
Adjusted the tire pressure
Changed the oil
Changed the oil filter
Finally added the magnetic drain plug.
Checked the chain
Looked it over
Topped it up with gas.

Good to go!

A short, brisk ride to shake shake the cobwebs out...

Spring is awesome!

Hopefully, I can get around to those white grips and thermos gauge cups soon....

Someone pulled up next to be at a light to ask me what year is was.....first of the season. :-D

·
Registered
873 Posts
Ah I see Spring has found it's way east... excellent!

It is a stunning 75 here in central Cali... ran 100 miles of the finest twisties anywhere... sporting the new "Dragon".

This helmet is very comfortable...

Dragon & Demon's and sunshine... just doesn't get no better!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Guess cabin fever got to me too. I thought fifty degrees should make for a great ride but forgot about wind chill. Needless to say the ride didn't last too long.Should have worn heavier gear.
Took a few attempts to start,and the engine ran lumpy.
It was still good to get the bike out though.

·
Registered
132 Posts
50 degrees in michigan yesterday so i also went for my first ride of the season. Heavy gloves, full-face helmet, long johns and heated grips made it feel more than warm enough. It was awfully good to get out there again. You forget how fun it is during these long winters.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Spring whats that? Think we may be skipping it again and going straight into summer. High today will be 83. Already broke out the mesh gear.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I feel sorry for you who can't ride all winter. I wouldn't be able to handle such things. I get to ride all year round and that's not enough. Anyway sound's like things are looking up with summer just around the corner.
Snow is bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts