Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..which I've owned for 9 years :)

At the end of last year I thought that i might treat myself to a new bike, and had my sights set on the new Ducati Scrambler... however when i actually got to sit on one it didnt really 'fit' me.. :( after walking around the the annual Bike show in Birmingham I came to the conclusion that there wasnt anything much else out there i wanted.. the nearest was the new Yamaha XJR1300 Cafe Racer.. at around that time i discovered negative clearences on a few of the inlet valves of the TBS so the decision was made to get the TBS how i wanted it... it took slightly longer than anticipated, and tried my patience at times, but i think its been worth it :)

undertray from Steve (jaguartvr) on the forum ... as i was using an original seat unit with it, i had the painter just put in a flat section to fill the gap as Steves seat units are slightly longer..
2015-06-29 032 by neil, on Flickr

made my own brackets to tuck the indicators in

2015-06-29 031 by neil, on Flickr

front end, speed triple headlight brackets, painted classic triple tubes, and a slightly smaller aftermarket headlight (with LEDs around the rim :))

2015-06-29 033 by neil, on Flickr

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
managed to pick up a NOS set of instruments in the recent sale, and added an alloy center and chrome end covers...

2015-06-29 004 by neil, on Flickr

Oberon footpegs for that 'sporty' look :)
2015-06-24 008 by neil, on Flickr

Airbox replaced by K&N's... initial jetting of 42 pilots, 140 mains and thuxton needles seems ok... chrome carb tops add to the bling factor

2015-06-29 025 by neil, on Flickr

moved the breather to between the carbs - after the initial ride today seem to be getting a mist of oil and some emuslified goo on the filter - will see if this clears if not have a rethink

2015-06-29 037 by neil, on Flickr

carried out the 'Brembo' upgrade... treated it to new brake hoses (with 90 degree fittings to make them run better)... first impression - they're brilliant! used a 5/8 master cylinder so feel good, and changed the clutch one for a matching oblong one

2015-06-29 036 by neil, on Flickr

slight miscommunication with the painter meant that i had to find something to replace the side panel badges - i quite like these, even though they were destined for a scooter really!

2015-06-29 023 by neil, on Flickr

rest of the paint came out nice - its a Harley colour

2015-06-29 021 by neil, on Flickr

2015-06-29 018 by neil, on Flickr

Thunderbike 3-1 sounds fantastic... other than that its had the stick coil mod, replacement starter, new draglink bearings, and the inlet valves replaced... ready now for another 44000 miles

oh and i hope RatFink approves

2015-06-29 026 by neil, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
6,462 Posts
Very nice Neil, glad you've got it all done finally :)

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Mike... cant tax it till weds so will have a proper 'play' then.. in the meantime probably check the carb balance tomorrow and have a run over it with a spanner just to check everythings still tight... :)

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Neil,
I really, really like that paint job. Well done. The whole bike.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Nice, especially like the highly polished yokes and forks :thumb

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
those polished bits do still come up well despite them being my DIY effort from about 4 or 5 years ago :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Crafty bastards! I am constantly amazed at how many of you on this site are able to improve, re-designed or re-envision these motorcycles. I love my stock 95 TB and because of my lack fabrication skills I am limited to mods based on what I can get other people to do for me or out-of-the-box after market upgrades. Great stuff!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts