Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all, I've lurked awhile but since I've taken the plunge I decided I should post! I just bought my 2010 t100 last month and the biggest problem I've had is that I put 1200+ miles on her riding all over the Midwest! Came with a center stand, grab bar/rack, and a quick release windshield. I LOVE this bike :D

I'm not sure how much I like the shield, it seems to put all the bugs on my face and rattles at low speed, although it helped easy highway miles and I can crouch for rain. I bought a new rear tire, a shinko 705 dual sport because I had some wheel wobble but that still hasn't cleared completely. I was told the Dunlop Harley Davidson front tire is junk, so I'll get that replaced with the matching shinko soon.

I'm wanting to mod for style/comfort/touring. Thinking about Flanders wide clubman bars I'm 6'1" and we can't split lanes in Illinois anyway. I'd like to fashion a sissy bar for the girlfriend that I can just clamp onto the grab bar. Need to get mounts and hard bags...

Since my girl and I are both decently sized (over 350lbs combined) and with gear I've been curious if suspension modification would increase my effective payload? Boosting the preloaded rear shocks to max helped a lot IMO, but I'm wondering if I'm a bit ambitious for this bike... Maybe she needs one too ;)

I'd welcome any suggestions, here are some pics:

Just after a bath, st Louis to Chi and dark :)

New shinko tire

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
There you go:

Howdy all, I've lurked awhile but since I've taken the plunge I decided I should post! I just bought my 2010 t100 last month and the biggest problem I've had is that I put 1200+ miles on her riding all over the Midwest! Came with a center stand, grab bar/rack, and a quick release windshield. I LOVE this bike :D

I'm not sure how much I like the shield, it seems to put all the bugs on my face and rattles at low speed, although it helped easy highway miles and I can crouch for rain. I bought a new rear tire, a shinko 705 dual sport because I had some wheel wobble but that still hasn't cleared completely. I was told the Dunlop Harley Davidson front tire is junk, so I'll get that replaced with the matching shinko soon.

I'm wanting to mod for style/comfort/touring. Thinking about Flanders wide clubman bars I'm 6'1" and we can't split lanes in Illinois anyway. I'd like to fashion a sissy bar for the girlfriend that I can just clamp onto the grab bar. Need to get mounts and hard bags...

Since my girl and I are both decently sized (over 350lbs combined) and with gear I've been curious if suspension modification would increase my effective payload? Boosting the preloaded rear shocks to max helped a lot IMO, but I'm wondering if I'm a bit ambitious for this bike... Maybe she needs one too ;)

I'd welcome any suggestions, here are some pics:

Just after a bath, st Louis to Chi and dark :)

New shinko tire

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
No problem Andy, it does take a while.

Here's my Bonnie with a Metzler Tourance rear tire, I'm really liking the dual-sport tire concept, still running a Lasertek on the front.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have Shinko dual sport tires on a non Triumph bike, terrible quality. Shedding knobs like a leppur....get rid of them if you see cracks appear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ugh, maybe I'll wait a bit for the front tire.

Blkbny, what crash bar is that? Is it worth the weight?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
new user of Polish welcome

hello all holders of this beautiful brand motorcycles.
I have recently with the 2010 version for 15 years.
some bury with him, I'm at the stage of change arrow exhaust system, air filter K & N

1 - 8 of 8 Posts