Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a 68 Bonneville rigid 90% complete bike and wondering what you guys might 1 think of the deal.. anyone willing to take a looka tsome pics and give me some advice?

·
Premium Member
2004 Daytona 955i, 2018 Indian Roadmaster, 2014 Triumph Scrambler, 1980 CB650C in resto
17,913 Posts
Welcome Sparky! Sure, post 'em up and we'll take a look. Go to the Kicking the Tires forum to see how to post pictures. You might also get good feedback in the Biker Hangout and the Classics forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here is the pic

Ok here is my question.. I have always wanted a trmp. A friend has this one in pic. he has done all work at this point motor rebuild by chuck skarsaune. he is claiming it is 90% complete. I have 0 none experience with thrumphs. I have done a complete over haul to a 74 mgb carbs clutch and brake master tank readaitor etc. and managed to make her run. I have also done cosmetic work to my 00 FLSTF fork replavcement exhaust bars brakes etc... so I am a bit intimidated finishing off this one not having the knowledge and the wife is going to kill me but what the hell...
please give me some insight those that have worked on these things!

thanks in advance! Oh and from the looks what do you think this thing is worth?

·
Premium Member
2004 Daytona 955i, 2018 Indian Roadmaster, 2014 Triumph Scrambler, 1980 CB650C in resto
17,913 Posts
Worth? $15. I'll give you $30 right now though, because I like you. :D Sorry I can't be more help; somebody else will probably be able to give you an idea.

So you've never worked on a Triumph before. Big deal. You'll need some Whitworth wrenches, and you'll need to spend some time in the Classics forum, but I'm sure you're up to the task.

Looks like a really cool bike. I'd have a really hard time resisting that.

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Is it a bolt on hardtail or a complete frame. From the pic the front looks like a stock Triumph frame

1 - 5 of 5 Posts