Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Daytona has an oil leak coming from wiring that goes into the right hand cover. i think I have lost positive crankcase ventilation. The oil is being pumped out while the engine is running. It just started 2days ago. Any help with this would be appreciated, Ed

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Ed, You maybe able to use a non hardening sealant. Depending on how much oil is in the sump you maybe able to remove the side cover without having to drain any using the sidestand.

Brad

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brad, I am going to use Permatex ultra black. I have noticed that the oil in the sight glass when on the kickstand is at the bottom.
Thank You Sir. Ed

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DEcosse,I just checked the oil level it is about 1/8" below the top notch or line
I just looked closely at the site glass and the oil that I see is about 1/8" up on the glass its self and not actualy filling the area when its on the kickstand. :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Ed, I'll check in the AM and report (on paddock stand and locked for the night), but I don't think that I have any oil in the sight glass when on the sidestand.

Brad

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Ed, Sorry I'm late, but this AM was a pisser. No oil shows in the sight glass when resting on the side stand.

Brad

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brad, The oil that I am seeing is just on the sight glass, Its just clinging to the glass.. Thanks for the help ,Ed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts