Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and I have a couple of questions.

I live in Atlanta and was wondering if anyone knows where to get oil for my bike. The triumph dealership closed down last year and it seeems all of the auto parts stores don't carry any synthetic for motorcycles. Also, does anyone know of hand which oil filters fit our bikes? I bought one at the triumph dealership up North of here but it cost nearly $20. I remember reading somewhere that they had a part number for a regular filter.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Shell Rotella T synthetic, $20/ Gal at Walmart. Diesel grade oil, still has the anti wear additives removed from auto oil a few years back. SAE 5w40.
Wix #5138, auto parts stores.
Best,
Redhawk

·
Registered
404 Posts
and I have a couple of questions.

I live in Atlanta and was wondering if anyone knows where to get oil for my bike. The triumph dealership closed down last year and it seeems all of the auto parts stores don't carry any synthetic for motorcycles. Also, does anyone know of hand which oil filters fit our bikes? I bought one at the triumph dealership up North of here but it cost nearly $20. I remember reading somewhere that they had a part number for a regular filter.

Thanks!!!
E-mail Scott Lukaitis at Motorcycle Accessory Discount Superstore
www.madss.com
They sell it for $44.99 and will ship free in the lower 48 states. They also have Triumph spin oil filters on sale their site.
The oil from the dealer will be about $65-$70 + shipping!

·
Registered
716 Posts
WALMART has what you need too

If you have a WalMart near by the above tip for Rotella full synthetic oil is good.
ALSO many but not all Walmarts sell the motorcycle Mobil 1 oil called 4T and the VTwin oil which is what I use.
The best tip is they also sell a filter for your bike in their brand
OILFILTER "Supertec" ST6607. I use only that one.
When you change your oil and filter just dump in all 4 quarts.
It will be the right amount.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies....I knew I could buy online but was looking for something close bye so I could do it this week. I guess my first stop will be to see if one oof our local wal-marts has what I need.

·
Registered
10,855 Posts
Oil filter

Purolator Pure One 14612, about $6, and widely available.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
E-mail Scott Lukaitis at Motorcycle Accessory Discount Superstore
www.madss.com
They sell it for $44.99 and will ship free in the lower 48 states. They also have Triumph spin oil filters on sale their site.
The oil from the dealer will be about $65-$70 + shipping!
What exactly do they sell for $44.99? Do you have a link to the specific item? Thanks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Check WalMart for Amsoil full syn. motorcycle oil 10w40 or 20w50 read the bottle to findout what your bike model should use. I've seen charts comparing brands of oil on a variety of conditions and this stuff has been great for me. Amsoil started syntheic oil in WWII when dino oil was in short supply. They've been at it a long time check their web site for info. The oil seems to quiet the engine noise and I have nice smooth shifts. Good luck

·
Registered
404 Posts
What exactly do they sell for $44.99? Do you have a link to the specific item? Thanks.
They sell 1 gallon of Mobil 1 Racing 4T 15w-50 oil for $44.99 (as opposed to the $70 at the dealer) & free shipping so if you plan the oil change ahead by a week you'd save a ton of $$$.
This oil was specifically developed for the Triumph and this is what the dealers use - I guess that doesn't stop anyone using what they feel comfortable with, but I stuck with the Mobil 1.
There isn't a specific link to the item so e-mail Scott Lukaitis on [email protected] and he'll sort you out.
Cheers
Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts