Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AI removed, thank you newthruxton.com! Sadly though, the black chips too easily off the bolts. Should've gotten the shiny ones.

Also, while the tank was off, I noticed an electrically actuated plastic air valve with no hoses connected to it, and a loose hose coming from a t-junction above the carbs. I assume this hose connects to that valve?

My Haynes manual is in the mail, but until it gets here, y'all are my phone-a-friends. :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On 2006-12-09 19:39, PolockJoe wrote:
I'm not able to picture the hose you are talking about.....got a digital camera?
There's a hard brass connection between the 2 sides of the carb, and from that line is a rubber hose going up to a T-junction, just below the back of the gas tank. One side of that T-junction disappears towards the bottom of the bike, the other is attached to a short length of hose that isn't connected to anything. It is however, very close to the back end of a little black plastic valve that currently has nothing connected to either side of it.

I would take a pic, but it's dark and pouring rain. :(

·
Registered
162 Posts
I belive that hose and valve are part of the evaporative loss system on the california models. Lucky for us, the rest of the country does not require it. Unlucky for you, I have no idea what it looks like and my triumph manual gives no pics, only diagrams. Some of the califonia people will know how to get it connected for you (or how to disabe it, wich would be my choice. I like assault rifles, smoking and dolphins in my tuna thank you very much!).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts