Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm leaving in the morning fro my first long ride first to Moscow Idaho then on to Portland on Friday to See Modest Mouse then back home by Monday.

I'm putting together a tool kit tonight and I bought a 1 liter fuel bottle for backpacking to put in my saddle bags also have a cargo net to go across the back of my seat I think I can pack all I need in a small back pack and the saddle bags.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152117947497568&set=pcb.10152117948017568&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152117947637568&set=pcb.10152117948017568&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152117947952568&set=pcb.10152117948017568&type=1&theater

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Awesome!
Roadie's on motorcycles are the best. And, to see Modest Mouse no less. Man, I'm envious. Have a great trip.

·
Premium Member
2,909 Posts
I'll be going the opposite direction in June (Seattle to Missoula). I'll be putting a couple 1ltr fuel bottles in my bags as well. I get a little nervous going up over Lolo Pass. :D

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Very nice. Wish I was out riding right now and not working. I'm sure you'll have an amazing trip.
Modest Mouse never disappoints in concert, they put on a great show. Hopefully they'll pull out some of their old classics for you.
Safe Travels;)

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Are you talking that pass going through Idaho on 90? If that is the one I went over that thing one very early morning in July and it was cold. Maybe in the 50's in the early morning. Drop down into Western Washington and it was 100F by maybe 11:30 in the morning. Pulled into a rest area and some WW2 veterans group was serving free coffee and donuts.

Enjoy the ride, I would think you can do that in one day. I left Yellowstone and made it on that 90 to Idaho in one day.

I love riding up that way, I'm from the Sacramento area.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you come up here again we should go riding I'm still new but loving it.

I'm leaving 90 in Missoula and heading over Lolo pass I might come home through Spokane not sure that I want to go over 4th of July pass with semis that pass is crazy

·
Premium Member
2,909 Posts
I'm leaving 90 in Missoula and heading over Lolo pass I might come home through Spokane not sure that I want to go over 4th of July pass with semis that pass is crazy
I was in the left lane leaned over in a corner going over 4th of july when I had to switch to reserve with semis bearing down on me; it was a little sketchy.

·
Registered
390 Posts
You'll love Lolo Pass. My brother-in-law and I rode from where we met in Prinville, OR over to Idaho and up through the Pass. Absolutely gorgeous ride. When traveling in unfamiliar territory I always carry two approximately one quart gas containers though I've needed to use them. My 09 T100 consistently gets 50 to 55 mpg running on the open highway which gives me a comfortable range 150 to 175 miles. Actually, one time, while following my brother-in-law in the twisties at his slow Gold Wing speed I went about 225 miles and had gotten somewhere around 58 mph (don't remember the exact amount).

Have a wonderful trip.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I suppose you could pack extra gas for peace of mind though I don't think it's necessary in those parts with a little planning. Doubt there's anywhere on that route, or anywhere on pavement in the Pacific Northwest, where you can't find fuel every 100 miles.

When I've toured on my Monster, which is even worse than my Bonne for range and can get scary any time after 100 miles, I've never run out. I do pack a length of 1/4" plastic hose just in case. What winds up happening on tours with bikes with ranges like that is you grab fuel before you need it, and sometimes fill up when you're already half full. No big deal. Who wants to ride for 3 - 4 hours straight anyway?

Lolo pass is a nice, scenic, cruisey, gently windy motorcycle road, and I like Modest Mouse too. Hope the sun shines for you.:)

Oops. He's already gone.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I broke a spoke and had a flat on the hi-way and didn't make it far good news is I didn't get hurt or hurt my bike much ruined the tire and tube but I replaced that already I have to order a new spoke any suggestions I was going to go with bike bandit also I found out I need to change my brake pads soon also any suggestions on where the best place to get that stuff would be awesome

1 - 12 of 12 Posts