Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Just took my 09 T100 for its first long run - 700kms. It only had 600kms on the clock before this. I put a Ventura rack on for this run so I could strap my swag on to it - it did an excellent job, very sturdy and looks good even when you have nothing attached to it. So for those looking for a rack I would definitely recommend it and the bags that go with them.
The bike didn't miss a beat and easily sat on 125 -130kmh overtaking. One thing I will do is get the 19 tooth sprocket put on so I can drop a few revs for these long rides.
Anyway just thought I'd tell you I love this bike !!!!

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Its been years since I've been there, but you have some beautiful country for some long rides. I rented a car and drove down to Albany while I was there. I'd never get off the bike if I lived there.

Nice bike, btw.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Awesome setup! Any pics with the swag setup next to your new T100? It looks like it fits on the rack nicely. How did you pack your other gear?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Fellow '09 T-100 owner here. Mine has been under the knife. Just finished the new front turn signals and running lights...will do a write up but have a look below:
Btw...what kind of exhaust did you install? Did you have the ECM reflashed with the new map?
Is that a tent on the back of your bike?
Best,
George

Attachments

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Margaret has some choice rides over there...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BigJP - unfortunately I didn't take any other photos with the swag next to the bike. My other gear - which consisted of a toothbrush and wallet etc was packed in the small bag that sits on the rack as well. Will post some more pics when I can.
Biker 7 - The exhaust is Staintune reverse cones, sounds great too. Yes had the ecm re-mapped when I put them on by the dealer. It's not a tent - I dont know what the American term is for a 'swag' ? It's like a bedroll I spose....

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
BigJP - unfortunately I didn't take any other photos with the swag next to the bike. My other gear - which consisted of a toothbrush and wallet etc was packed in the small bag that sits on the rack as well. Will post some more pics when I can.
Biker 7 - The exhaust is Staintune reverse cones, sounds great too. Yes had the ecm re-mapped when I put them on by the dealer. It's not a tent - I dont know what the American term is for a 'swag' ? It's like a bedroll I spose....
Staintunes have a great sound. Congrats on your new Bonny...a beauty.
Ride safe,
George

1 - 9 of 9 Posts