Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well today was in the mid 50's and I took my Thruxton R on a nice 150 mile ride after it was delivered this past Friday. God i love this bike...no issues at all with the seat or comfort and I just had to dial in a couple clicks of rebound on the shocks. What a fantastic bike and glad I bought it! So far no leaks that I can tell which is good as well and at 65 mph the thing gets 50 mpg. Only thing that was odd is my low fuel light came on at 117 miles so I filled up at the nearest station and I only put in 2.3 gallons so that light is a bit optimistic.....:wink2:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I thought you bought this earlier in the month? Why did they have to ship it to you?

I'm still trying to get my hands on a leftover 17 standard model. But they're being stiff on the price. I'm about to lose this battle and just do it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought you bought this earlier in the month? Why did they have to ship it to you?

I'm still trying to get my hands on a leftover 17 standard model. But they're being stiff on the price. I'm about to lose this battle and just do it.
Hehe...I did buy it earlier in the month but our weather has been complete crap and mt dealer is 1.5 hours away so they offered to deliver it.....which I thought was very cool. The delivery schedule was backed up a couple weeks is all. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hehe...I did buy it earlier in the month but our weather has been complete crap and mt dealer is 1.5 hours away so they offered to deliver it.....which I thought was very cool. The delivery schedule was backed up a couple weeks is all. :)
Oh I see! My closest dealer is a 2.5 hour drive. And the city is going through heavy construction on our side of town right now. He said they would deliver if I covered gas. I'd say that's safer than driving through that death trap. Now I just need to buy the dang bike. Enjoy the bike man!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts