Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

121 - 123 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Paint looks excellent, any chance of a full side pic of the bike with dual seat?
Cheers
Here you go.

So, is the "comfort seat" actually more comfortable? Doing a 1500km trip next week and my butt wants to know if there's any hope for an easier ride...
Franckly I only road 30 minutes to work on it and I wasn't alone so I can't really say for now. I'll ride some more this weekend and let you know.

Does the "comfort" stand up to it's name? and is it wider for the rider? I have one on order. Thanks.
Visually speaking, its not the most beautiful seat I've seen. I might end up refurbishing the dual seat with real leather. My wife was with me this morning and was amazed by the difference compared to the Thruxon 900. According to her: the seat, the shocks and the tire width have increased comfort a great deal for passengers.

I agree the paint does look nice and I may follow suit as there are different reds* I like more than the OE (cops seem to 'like' red as well... coincidence?) but your picture brings up a question. Was it your choice to forgo the raised lettering on the tank or was it not feasible for your painter to put them back in place?
I discussed this with my painter - the letters are glued into the paint/varnish so you cannot re-use them. In my particular case I wanted the letters in gold so the choice was pretty obvious.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We have been extremely wet and abnormally chilly this spring. Today was first time riding the bike in 80 and 90 degree heat.

Holy schnikeys does this bike throw off heat.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I would gladly take that chilly spring we had now though! (Just last week I needed a jacket to go out an ride, W-the-F?!?) It's 92-F out right now! And because of all the traffic at every stop light, due to the holiday weekend, I already changed my mind earlier this afternoon... I like to enjoy when I ride this thing... Not burn in hell...

I'll surely give it a go tomorrow though... Will probably be a lot less traffic... Same heat... But lots of other riders out as well... And that always makes it more fun for me.

121 - 123 of 123 Posts