Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all from Buffalo, NY. I have zero motorcycle history except for the Safety course I just passed two weeks ago! I have always wanted a motorcycle and it only solidified my feelings. I love the look of the Bonneville Black and am hoping to buy a used one and have seen some listed on the forums here. I debated getting a Thruxton, but it seems like a lot of people had to modify it just to make it comfortable so I think the Bonneville is the way to go. I hope to join the Triumph ranks with you all soon...

·
Super Moderator
4,765 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Don't count out the Thruxton simply on what other people find comfortable. We are all build differently. If you're dealer has a demo take it for a ride and see what you think. Honestly seating position between the modern Thruxton and the current Bonneville isn't that different. A few years ago this was not true as the Thruxton use to have clip on low bars but now it has standard mounts with low bars.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Hey! I've got a black Bonneville!! No interest in selling it though, too busy loving it. Wish I were riding it, damn weather!

BTW, welcome!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Paceman

Its only my opinion of course but my Bonneville is my 91st two wheeler and my all time favorite. I debated on a Thruxton but it was $1000 more. I have the fusion white. Easiest color to keep clean, doesn't show dust and I love the cast wheels. Great bike to ride forever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.