Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
As a lifer in the sign business, I've wondered about this as well - IMO the thin blade types look too thin or something - a surrounding frame sure adds richness:

Would this nice looking piece work?

I went here and typed in "pedestrian slicer" in the search box...

Domi Racer

Here's a couple of outfits who make the plates - and I mean real plates, done right using stamped characters... are these cool or what???

MAL

pl8ts

There may be other outfits making frames & plates as well, you just
might have to engage in some diligent virtual stone turning, bush shaking, cage rattling, or ebaying....

Good luck!

Cheers,

D9

[ This message was edited by: D9 on 2006-11-04 17:01 ]

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
On 2006-11-04 16:59, D9 wrote:
As a lifer in the sign business, I've wondered about this as well - IMO the thin blade types look too thin or something - a surrounding frame sure adds richness:

Domi Racer

Here's a couple of outfits who make the plates - and I mean real plates, done right using stamped characters... are these cool or what???

MAL

pl8ts

might have to engage in some diligent virtual stone turning, bush shaking, cage rattling, or ebaying....

Good luck!

Cheers,

D9
BINGO-got it on order!! THANKS!!

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
On 2006-11-04 17:48, Panthermark wrote:
Yup, I like the thick ones. But you do have to do some grinding of the black portion to get them to fit the fender curve.

That is it! Your bike looks a lot like mine!!

·
Registered
959 Posts
On 2006-11-04 16:59, D9 wrote:

Domi Racer

MAL

pl8ts

Good luck!

Cheers,

D9

D9, You are the man. I did not know Domi Racer was still in Business :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Thank you very much for THAT post. :cool:

Steve, Gear Head at Large :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :chug:

·
Registered
902 Posts
I also got mine from Domiracer, if you get the plain steel slicer (without the chrome) it is around $16.00 with the bolts, then you can drill the plate for the bolts and then drill a half hole for the fender stay. Pretty easy and cheap.

·
Registered
138 Posts
pedestrian slicer ?

Hey there.. just purchased a ped slicer from bellacorse.:DAnd was wandering if possible someone that might have one could post the measurements please. As i am currently trying to order letters and numbers.
But need the size of the plate so i can get the correct letter and number size. Thanks in advance......:)

·
Registered
245 Posts
let us know about your installation process and where you get lettering from. i'm interested in this part too, but i'm not sure how much work will be involved.

·
Registered
138 Posts
let us know about your installation process and where you get lettering from. i'm interested in this part too, but i'm not sure how much work will be involved.
I went to this sight for the letteringhttp://www.speedysigns.com/lettering/lettering_tool.asp, because they gave a curvature option. Taking a chance since i'm in aus. But nothing over this side of the pond that i can find. Chose a letter height of 1.5'' and font in (Bodoni)spacing (normal)-(can up )effects style-adjustment(medium)Hope that helps.

·
Registered
138 Posts
do a search...I know i posted something about this before.
I did :) love using the search function, keeps me busy:D:D:D
think i found the thread you were talking about but thought it may have been for the older ped slicer, not the one from Bela..
Ta anyway..

·
Registered
117 Posts
For what little it'll cost in the big sceme of things (bike cost) I'm having mine done at a local lettering shop. At least i know it'll be done right and not by me. Also, where they do it all with computers, maybe they can match the font of the triumph logo as wel... If not I'm wanting a period English font.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I can not seem to find the "slicer' with the beautiful cast frame - where can I get one? Sorry, not very computer literate.

Dick

·
30,133 Posts
draggin, your piccie link doesn't seem to be working - can you check the url and what not?

Also, I see you resurrected 3 separate threads on ped slicers, I combined them into one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered one from britishonly, and their supplier ran dry, with no date of when, or if, they would ever have more.
I got mine, the nasty quality indian made knock-off one from ebay, i think from steadfast cycle.
its made of the most brittle pot metal known to man, but it looks decent. Just know that it will definitly not just bolt on without modification!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I love seeing these old threads come back to life. It means that people are actually USING the search function. Kudos!

I've actually gotten a couple of PM's about my ped slicer and I could not remember where I had purchased mine from until I saw this old thread.

BritishOnly.com. I had to grind down the middle of the slicer to make it fit the curve of the fender, and I also had a cut out a notch for the fender bracket.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had to buy the old style one, then re-engineer it to work with the modern fender, others have used big thick gaskets, but i wanted it to fit like it was made for it. thats why the nose on mine is thicker, I added a lot of material there, but i like the look!

21 - 40 of 48 Posts