Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks...............I can't believe how far over you can lean the bike on them.................in the dry of course............ :smile2:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are Norman Hyde 1" Western bars, with motogadget bar end indicators. They are a really comfortable riding position......not so good for filtering though!!.

Rob

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. I'm planning on moving the ignition a la BAAK position. I'm going to put the immobiliser that RIPPER described on the bike (because it would be silly not too). I have another Bonnie that I was thinking about modifying into a BAAK dandy

https://www.baakmotocyclettes.com/en/triumph/8-dandy-bonneville-backdating-triumph.ht

I have a lot of the parts and bought a stainless 16" rear rim that I had powder coated black and punched out to fit the Bonnnie rear hub. I have been put off a bit by the extra insurance they want to charge for modified bikes. It's 3x more than a standard bike...........having said that, there is very little of the original bike remaining in the one pictured.............the EFI engine and conversion was sooooooooooo worthwhile........I have considered the 904cc conversion, but I think I could do a lot more with the money.

Rob

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They are simply Triumph America cables..........throttle and clutch..........which is what NH sells in their kit.

Rob

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Very subtle , those types may give you a bit of bother up there on those wet roads but nicely finished, careful with the number plate the wind may tend to crack your rear mudguard.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh, I wasn't aware of that...........but thanks.

I'm probably going to be putting it up for sale soon. I have some interest in it, and my eye on a couple of other projects. I have a hankering for another 900 Thunderbird and the BAAK Dandy replica is starting to come together now...............unfortunately I don't have enough garage room.....

Rob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts