Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like this may be the year I finally replace my broken shifter-shaft and replace preemptively a few things that aren't even broken yet. (this is contrary to my long-standing policy of don't fix what ain't broke, but what the heck) At 75k miles I'm thinking I should replace alternator brushes and at least check the clutch plates.

Anyway....I've got a 99 Legend with the neck tag partially obscured by cable-rub. Any number stamped on the engine case in that rectangular area is hidden by that nice black powder coat. The Bike Bandits list two shifter-shafts based on engine number. I'd rather cobb the shaft with JB Weld again before I have to take the sand-paper to the engine case. Is there another place on a Legend where the number is likely to be readable? If not, would anyone know if a 99 Legend uses the $66 or the $112 shaft (he asked, knowing it is probably the more expensive one).

Advice appreciated
Happy Holidays
Hagrid

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
hagrid , yours is going to be the earlier one . my 2K adventurer's engine # is 099xxx which is lower than the split point of 112913 .

cheers , Woody

1 - 4 of 4 Posts