Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...I feel like I’ve wasted? at least 8 hours or so trying to find an Givi alternative inner bag for the 37L side cases mounted on my Tiger. I didn’t like the price, or the “limp” appearing functionality of the Givi branded bags, so I wanted to find something else.

Measuring, remeasuring, browsing amazon for ALL types of bags, some scattered forum suggestions, and finally ended up on Home Depot’s site. This ended up being ideal because I could take my case into the store and see what would actually work!

Key goals were to find a bag that would retain its shape, would take up all, if not a majority of the space available, and not break the bank. This may not be the final solution as I have inquiries in with Kathy’s Designs and RKA but I think it may work out, maybe long term who knows?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And...since I’m taking the time to do it, let’s make sure we’re covering all bases. This is the bag stuffed pretty full with 2 medium’ish terry cloth robes. A little thicker than what you might find in a hotel.

I had to squeeze the sides in a bit to get the husky bag back into the case, but it was fairly easy to do. Toughness of the fabric, and I’m not so worried about ripping the bag when inserting or taking it out either.

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Decided to see how a 20L Sea to Summit dry river bag that I already have would fit, as this would be great if I’m worried about stuff getting wet. It is by no means full, but has a couple cinch sacks, and full of air. Plenty of room as you can see. “Might even be able to fit 2 in there?

I then compressed it down (again, not full) and threw it on top of the Husky bag with the robes in it. Case closes without issue. So maybe a full 10L or 15L would be cake.

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have found the PERFECT freekin bag for the 37L side bags. I had a couple of conversations with Richard from RKA and he himself admitted he didn't have anything that would fit, and still be a top loader.

I did find a Kathy's Design bag that would get pretty damn close, but they were $65/each. I was extended a 10% discount for ordering 2, but it was still a shot in the dark and I'd have to pay for shipping back if they didn't work out.

So the search continued...and..voila!!!

https://www.amazon.com/Airlines-Foldable-Weekender-Overnight-Compartment/dp/B07H126QD7/

$13.99 each

The 1109 bag is a 17x14x7 and the opening of the 37L Trekker is a gnats butt over 18", approximately 12" tall to the seal, and maybe a cockroach's butt over 8" in width. With the lid, figure you have about 2.5" more height to play with.

I filled up this bag (not stuffed) and it was easy enough to get the bag in, and out w/o fear of ripping. They fold back down into a handy little pouch, which also happens to be the side pocket, so I'll probably just leave them folded up in the case until i actually need them.

Originally, I really wanted something that would stand up on its own, but it turns out that both the RKA bags and the Kathy's Design bags aren't capable of standing on their own anyways and neither are the Givi liners. So there ya go...

Givi Liners - $50'ish, each
RKA - Something close..$100'ish/pair
KD - Pretty close, need to confirm. $117'ish
Narwey bag on Amazon - $30/pair

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Has nobody else seriously tried to find liner bags? Huh..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts