Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally did it. I found a 1971 Tiger, blue and white, and I bought her. She comes home this weekend. I have been tremendously excited all week. What a holiday!

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

A few pics-->

I just had to tell someone. Including everyone I have talked to this week. LOL.

Thanks,

HV

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Wow! Thats a nice bike..

Guess you hve to learn to shift on the right side and brake with your left foot.

I almost bought a Daytona 500cc ('69 or '70) last year. It was in great shape but I dude drove up from Longisland with a trailer and took it out from under me.

·
Registered
611 Posts
:) Harry, congrats on the tiger. I want to:applause:you, this being your first post. You posted pictures of your bike. Noobs this is how it should be done when you post about purchasing a bike. Well done.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
HV, congratulations on your Tiger. Picking up a classic is an exciting time. I picked one up myself this month,a 73 Honda 750K3. Have fun with it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope you enjoyed the course. Nice to see that a few still remember. :)

My golf, as always, is impeccable.

Oh, and I think I need a battery. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mr. Vardon!

·
Registered
367 Posts
you probably do need a battery at your age :D

or do you mean the bike? Sorry, not much help there but there are a lot of well edumacated members here who can advise you and point you in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
The right direction? Downhill seems best, until the new battery arrives. Sorry, that's as helpful as I get at 7 minutes to 10 on a Saturday night. :p

And +1 on Bud's comment.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Harry, it might be a good idea to ask in the classic, vintage and veteran forum. These older pieces need special care that they can give.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lushy,

Thank you for pointing me in the proper direction.

Everyone else,

I appreciate the kind words and the encouragement.

Thanks,

Harry!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice find.....I hope to get a project bike myself next summer.

Why the overlap instead of the interlock? ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
She came home tonight. That was an all day adventure, lol. I will take some pics tomorrow and try to get some better images for you guys.

I gotta say I am just way too excited. She needs a new petcock and a battery, maybe a new clutch cable, it's very hard to pull.

Get her cleaned up over the winter and come a bit warmer weather we will be all set.

Thanks Everyone!

Harry

1 - 16 of 16 Posts