Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the bike in October and have put a little over 1000 miles on it. Just love it! I've had the forks rebuilt, valves checked, airbox changed, new Michelin Pilots Roads and seat recovered. I installed new brakes, fixed the alternator deal and added the D&D mufflers. Kinda interesting on the D&D's...I traded them straight up for the stockers I had. I ran into a guy that was trading his Trident for a Buell and the guy he was trading with wanted the stock pipes. Dumb luck and being in the right place right time. :D

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Great looking bike! Somebody has kept it well maintained or sealed in a container for a few years. How's the D & D? Loud?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the compliments!!! I think it was well maintained, but it's not perfect. It has a few scratches here and there along with a small dent in the tank. I bought to ride it, so my guess is it will get a few more 'character' traits through the years.

I love the way the D&D's sound. After reading about them hear, I was a little worried before I picked them up; couldn't be happier though. They're a little loud, but not too bad. IMO. :)

As for the turn indicators, they were there when I bought the bike. I was reading about the buell signals and like the way they look. It's on the to do list at some point.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Excellent looking bike.

Do you know if the D&D pipes are any wider than the stockers?
Wondering if they would work with the factory luggage on the 98 Executive model.

Had an '02 Speed Triple with the D&D sounded AWESOME.....still does when my buddy rides by!

BEst of luck with her!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the D&D cans are actually smaller, so I assume they would work fine, but I don't have luggage to test my theory with! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts