Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure about the T120 but I only saved 2.5kg on the Thruxton R with Kineo wheels, and I should imagine most of that was saved by not having tubes.

View attachment 717194
I've got a feeling the T120 wheels are heavier than the Thruxton's. Even the local bike shop were surprised at the weight when they removed my tyres. Your bike looks great!

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
they are "fool proof" by design + thats a nice color combination, i almost went with the gloss black on the Alpinas but IMO the pics kook better than when flat black tyres are on them, but the glossier the black the better the look look + since we have typical dirty chains regardless of what the chain lube sellers say your wheels get oiled + for sure black shows less, my thoughts to almost changing my mind. i am retired + have lots of time so the hand polished Alpinas will get a lot of love

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
first off i asked Johnny about discs, that was BEFORE i found the extensive post on the subject!! talking to my Duc friend + former very savy dealer tonight about discs + he noted many times pro racers use thicker discs to prevent warping in spite of xtra weight as the disc is a heat sink + more is better. we are NOT racers mostly but too thin of a disc on a heavier bike will not last as long + could warp, talkin about the very thin ones on lightweight triumph sport models that were mentioned in the extensive older thread about them. on the comment on thrux wheels, as most know they are aluminum already vs the steel boat anchors on other bonnies, so lighter + tubless is a bigger upgrade for chromed steel tubed wire wheels. if i already had alum wheels i would try sealing them as seen on many websites + you tubes.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts