Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still somewhat of a newbie here, but have learned a lot of tips and tricks from some of you guys. My wife and I have an '07 675 that we just recently prepped for the track. Initially the bike was bought for her and lowered near 4 inches to accommodate her 5'2 inseam. After running sometime on my 955i, we opted for me to try her bike on the track. After the first lap, I was in love. I need not go into details because everyone here understands where I am coming from.
Anywho, here are some pictures of the finished product.

Hotbodies Racing Kit (which if you take enough time with them, can fit)
Used fuel tank for $180 from ebay
Keyless fuel cap

Items in the NEAR future...
rear sets
clip ons
and frame sliders, as you can tell from the last couple of pictures...

·
Super Moderator
8,474 Posts
The damage doesn't look too bad, and it means you have a proper track bike now. When I showed up to the first trackday I ever did, the fast guys' bikes freaked me out a little. They mostly looked awful! Now, we all know why! Sure, there were a few like Jeff, but there sure was a lot of lousy rattle can instead of careful rattle can on the plastic.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Bet you are glad you invested that $180 in that tank on eBay... Best investment you can make when taking a 675 to the track in my opinion. Also, I'd suggest that you be very careful with sliders. I've seen several that have either broken the frame or collapsed on the head and broke through the side of the head. I will never run frame sliders on a 675 for those reasons...

That stuff all looks like it will buff right out!

Welcome to the addiction. Now you can really mod it out!

Glad you are OK...

TripleThreat

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks will and trip. all is fine but a couple of ribs. my wife was a little more upset because i crashed in 14 instead of 13...where she was taking pictures at the corner station. go figure. as far as the sliders go, dont know how much they will help, considering the case guard and clip took the brunt of the force, not much u can do to save the tail section though. nothing a little fiberglass cant fix. and as for the tank? by far the best investment. beat the damage that would have come to the stock 700+ dollar piece. anyway, woodcraft case guard with replaceable skid plate and and some rear sets to replace the broken peg. funny thing is we were all sitting around joking i was still the only one of all of us who hadnt crashed. my wife even pointed out my 5 year old son highsided on his bicycle at the track before me. it's not a matter of if, but when u crash they told me. thats all fine and good. what they didnt tell me is after the first one, u start thinkin, this is gonna happen again...here we go. all in all, the bike is awesome. the bike pulled me the rider into its style of riding. cant wait for the next outing. would love to make it up to mid-ohio sometime. looks like an awesome track.

·
Registered
29 Posts
glad ur ok. man biek looks sweet with those eyes on it! i was so worried about laying my bike down @ midohio with the stock plastic on with witht the custom paint job haha thankfully that didnt happen. im trying to save up for a track 675 for this coming summer!!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thanks for posting!

I ran my bike with the stock plastic all last season, I've intended to get it sorted for next season with track body and a spair tank but thanks to the economy things are slow at work so I was thinking it may not happen. Your post has me rethinking I should make it a priority though.

thanks for re insprirng me, and glad you are Ok.

·
Super Moderator
8,474 Posts
Yeah, you need to make a point of it! It is a drug! :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts