Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the morning re-configuring the bobtail and building the simple brackets to mount the Kuryakyn SilverBullets.[large halogen] These things have been sitting on my dresser for months and thanks to J&P,who supplied the 4710 controller,the lights are finally on and working. The controller enables these single filament lights to act as fulltime running lights in the rear,blinkers and brake lights.Nice and clean.

I also have a set of the small LED dual filament SilverBullets [red] that I`m going to try and intergrate.Probably as a second [or third in this case] tailight. BTW,those 20watt halogens are blindingly bright. :-D

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The new tubing gussets the frame nicely.

I showed my wife the two other tail treatments I built,and she said the bike looked like something from junkyard wars. She likes fenders on bikes. So,I re-bracketed the rear fender,filled all the previous mounting holes and sprayed some black paint on it.I`ll get it mounted tomorrow and try to find an unobtrusive place to mount the license plate.Man,those things are ugly. :-D

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the fender mounted,layered up some of my "special" foam on a seatpan I made[a fiberglass copy of a Corbin seat] and pulled an HD Dynaglide seat cover over it.Still have to make a permanent mounting bracket for the plate,but the bungies will be ok until I find a place for it.

This seat sits right on the frame and is only about 2-1/2" tall.Seat height is 29"unladen.Add that to the cleaner airflow from the D9 speedo mount and I`m sitting down out of the wind pretty good. :-D

·
Registered
909 Posts
That looks really good RB - it sure would be a shame to clutter up the back end with your number plate.
Years ago, I had an old BSA A10 on which I fitted a side mounted number plate. It was a plunger frame so I was able to use the bolts at the top and bottom ends of the plunger brackets. This way I was able to keep the back end of the bike tidy. Perhaps you could do something similar by making a plate bracket to bolt to the end of your rear shock or your indicator light mount.
Just a thought. Whatever, very very good work so far. :upthumb:

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Nice job on the frame burner, the bobtail work look's good.

I can't help but feel like it need's something when looking at the last photo...maybe it's the length of the fender.

...perhaps the height of it

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Keef,thanks.I`m still considering a sidemount in some form,but it still would mess up this profile.

Sweat,thats what my wife said to do with the plate too.The cowl is still an option,as it will fit using this seat as well as the steel pan.Who knows,maybe your sprung bobber seat may be the shiznittyest. :-D
Trim,is does look somehow out of whack from some angles.When I sit or ride on it,the front forks drop down quite a bit and lessen the "leaned back" look. Here`s a more side view,but the fender wasn`t snugged up or the seat bolted down.The tip of the fender does maintain an even gap all the way around the tire when tight.

Keep the comments and ideas coming. Supposed to snow this week. :mad:

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The plate is taken care of. Just needs some black edge trim to "shrink" it
down more and a smoother curve which is tough with the raised letters/numbers.2 short screws into the shock shroud is all it took.

:-D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts