Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I stopped wanting a Bonneville when I took delivery of a 2020 T120 Diamond. I actually went to check out a Speed Twin not knowing the dealer had a Diamond in stock. When I saw it I was hooked. I added JBQ bar risers yesterday, next will be bar ends and a small tailbag. Exhaust will wait till spring because snow isn't far enough away.
I'm loving the bike so far. I'm coming off a big Indian but with most of my riding being close by it was a big heavy bike for my riding. Awesome bike but a big, heavy girl.

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Last week I stopped wanting a Bonneville when I took delivery of a 2020 T120 Diamond. I actually went to check out a Speed Twin not knowing the dealer had a Diamond in stock. When I saw it I was hooked. I added JBQ bar risers yesterday, next will be bar ends and a small tailbag. Exhaust will wait till spring because snow isn't far enough away.
I'm loving the bike so far. I'm coming off a big Indian but with most of my riding being close by it was a big heavy bike for my riding. Awesome bike but a big, heavy girl.
Congrats its beautiful

Lots of great info and people on this forum

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Mmmmm, shiny?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Damn good looking bike!

Can you post a closer picture of the risers? I’m thinking about a set.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Congratulations!

I haven't owned a bazillion bikes, but enough to judge differences. The T120 has been my favorite of the ones I have ridden or owned. It doesn't do anything particularly well, but it will do anything you ask of it well enough to appreciate the experience.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Very pretty. Think you will really like the T120. After60 years of riding (started at 12 on a Sears Moped) and having half-dozen since, its the most enjoyable ride I've had. I too looked at a Speed Twin, but I decided I certainly did not need any more power or torque and I like the T120 styling so much more! Full-wrap fenders have a classical look and are so, so, so much more practical. I also love the T120's pea-shooter silencers and the vintage-look tank badge. I chose the Black because it was a $4,000-off 2017 left-over, but the black is growing on me; I can always paint the tank and still be thousands ahead.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks VABird. I tried uploading a pic earlier but it wouldn't go through.

I think the T120 will be with me for a good long while. It's plenty quick enough for my riding and the risers sit me upright a little more and make it very comfortable. All the colors are great and a black bike is always sharp but the pearl paint with the shiny bits really ring my bell. I have a JW Speaker Adaptive that I already had so I ordered the Motodemic adapter that should be here before the weekend. I stay out of the dark as much as I can but it's a great light at night.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts