Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My bike has been sitting for 4 weeks because i got ansy and took it apart a couple days after I ordered everything, it does not even have 300 miles yet and Ive been itching to ride like crazy, I did the D&D's and I wrapped the headers with black exhaust wrap, (I am still trying to decide if I like the wrap), Nark, 17 tooth, ported the intake manifolds and spacers, all while it was down. While I was at it I painted the cam cover flat black, and am still gonna paint the rest of the engine covers after I get in a little riding time. I am pretty happy with it after these mods and next will be paint. I am on the fence if I should do a big bore stroker motor to get the power to make me happy or leave this one as is for a fun bike and build me another turbo japanese bike for when i really need to feel the power.

What do you think?

Terrible pic, I will get more Saturday with good light

·
30,533 Posts
Ride the bike! Then you'll know what to do. Great looking machine!

Turbo jap bike sounds like fun too!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ride the bike! Then you'll know what to do. Great looking machine!

Turbo jap bike sounds like fun too!
Thank you,

Ive had 400hp bikes but none look as good as my Thrux:cool: so no matter what i am keeping it.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Oooh yeah! That thang looks ready to rumble! Going to leave off the sprocket cover? Hmmm...now I'm thinking I don't really need a sprocket cover....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ime gonna leave it off for now, untill I can find one I like, or come up with a cool design to water jet cut into mine, I saw one one here that someone cut the Union Jack into and really liked that but im not one to use other's ideas.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Nice

Let's make a good locking and sounding video. Than upload it on YouTube. I really want to hear your engine through those pipes.

Ride On

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do not have a Video camera just a point and shoot with video, I will try to do one with it and see if it sounds as good as it does in person.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Nice,Nice, and so on....

probably not:(
but it's worth a try:D

·
Registered
285 Posts
Great looking bike. I'm going to paint my headers black, but I can't decide whether to wrap and paint or just paint. What width wrap did you use? Was it easy to do?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great looking bike. I'm going to paint my headers black, but I can't decide whether to wrap and paint or just paint. What width wrap did you use? Was it easy to do?

I used the 2 inch wrap because thats what I had laying around, yes its easy to do just make sure to where gloves because the its fiberglass and to get it black all they do is impregnate it with carbon so its messy to say the least.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I would love to get a link to some of your turbo bikes!
Im rebuilding a CL350 right now & have dreams of a turbo cb750 next...
Ive been trying to find a good forum on scratch building bike turbos but no luck yet
S.

·
Registered
10 Posts
looks good

Your bike looks really good, a lot like mine.:) I have an '08 silver thruxton. Took off the front sprocket (17T) guard and black engine covers soon. I was thinking about the D&D TT pipes but went with the Specialty Spares TT pipes instead and I am thinking of black heat wrapping them too.

And since its winter here mine only has 58 miles. Suppose to be 57 on Friday so maybe I can catch up to your 300 miles, I know that's cold for Texas but its a heat wave after this winter of actually temps in the negative teens.

Love the look!!

No passenger foot pegs? What if you come across a beautiful lady and need to give them a ride?

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
hey man, that bike looks really good! We outta get together sometime, we're practically neighbors. I'm in Spring, off Cypresswood and 45.

I wanna hear those pipes.

Besides, we can jaw jack about boring/stroking/hp til the cows come home. I've done a little bit of work on these bikes...;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
No passenger foot pegs? What if you come across a beautiful lady and need to give them a ride?
LOL She can fallow me to where ever we are going. Actually I am cutting the passenger peg mounts off soon.

I put up some good pics in the Cafe Photo section on this page
http://www.triumphrat.net/club-cafe/6837-cafe-racer-photo-shoot-post-your-pics-29.html

hey man, that bike looks really good! We outta get together sometime, we're practically neighbors. I'm in Spring, off Cypresswood and 45.
I wanna hear those pipes.
Besides, we can jaw jack about boring/stroking/hp til the cows come home. I've done a little bit of work on these bikes...;)
Yeah that is close I am in your area all the time, We can go ride whenever you want, Just PM me and we will set somthing up, have you rode around Conroe yet its pretty nice?

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
Yeah that is close I am in your area all the time, We can go ride whenever you want, Just PM me and we will set somthing up, have you rode around Conroe yet its pretty nice?
I have before but not in a while. I just moved here from Austin...didn't want to, but I got laid off and had a hard time finding a job...long story...anyway, I grew up in Spring and now I'm back. I'm actually heading to Austin today to goof off for a few days. I'll PM you when I get back in town and we'll meet up for a ride around Conroe or whatever.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have before but not in a while. I just moved here from Austin...didn't want to, but I got laid off and had a hard time finding a job...long story...anyway, I grew up in Spring and now I'm back. I'm actually heading to Austin today to goof off for a few days. I'll PM you when I get back in town and we'll meet up for a ride around Conroe or whatever.
Did you find work here, If not what field are you in?

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
Did you find work here, If not what field are you in?
I've been in new home construction since '03, built custom houses in Austin for the last few years then got into lumber sales. As I'm sure you're aware that industry is in the crapper. I'm currently in the process of obtaining a job as a civil servant for the City of Houston.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well let me know if that does not work out, I may have something for you, I am the Regional Vice President for a tire retail chain and there happens to be one on your corner of Cypresswood and 45 next to the Highschool and the new hotel they are building there on the north bound side. We will talk about it later, Have fun in Austin.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Hey sweatmachine - be sure not to tell franco about your criminal past! May yam up the works.
Aww man, did I let that slip out? Dang!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts