Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently went to Naps and want to fill the holes left by the stock mirrors . I've seen the NB / Bella solution but way to pricey.

I also know that I can just run down to the hardware store and throw in a rubber plug :skeptical:but don't like the look.

Please share your Hole filling Mods and remember a picture :photos:is worth a 1,000 words.

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
Since you've pretty decided to keep them, just turn them over so they stick down instead of up. Cheapest solution yet.

·
Premium Member
2005 T-100, 2010 Street Triple, 1974 Honda CB550
158 Posts
"Easy peasy, Japanesey...."

Simply remove the two allen bolts on each side, turn the mount over, and replace bolts.

Check it out...

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
I'll have to look at the Bonnie setup, but on a Scrambler, you can just remove half the clamp, turn it over and put it back on. The mirrors would then mount under the grips if you put them back on.

Edit - yeah - just like the pic. The "up" arrows point down.

Edit #2 - looks like that option won't work on a Bonnie. Sorry.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Thanks jdd5300
You just saved me another purchase Bella Corse.
No, I didn't....you know you're just going to buy something else instead!!

(You're welcome)

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Spoke too soon.

Now I feel like a dope. I didn't realize the Bonnie mirror mounts were in a different position on the controls.

Sorry to TowerGuy and my other Bonnie Bros.

I bet you could find a solution in the hardware drawers at your local home improvement store. I know they have some good looking zinc-coated black allen head bolts at Home Depot. Plastic plugs might do the trick, too.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
TruValue harware sells these - automotive interior fasteners - sort of like a ribbed plug which pops right in. Thirty or forty cents each.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No problem understand the mistakes.
Thanks davec was looking for something less plastic and more beefy looking. I considered that plastic plug but would like to seal it up better capping it off completely top and bottom. keep the ideas coming.
Was thinking of a brass acorn nut on top. I like the retro look but I think it would look to much like a patch job for the mirror hole.

·
Registered
495 Posts
i have looking at this same problem and have decided to use the holes for other stuff instead of plugging them . i am planning to use a thingy (bolt?) yet to be found to hang my helmet on for quick stops. i hate leaving my helmet on my seat or putting it on the ground. And the other for a hole , put a thingy in to carry thingys like a thingy to hold my bridge pass or tokens. yet to be created. make lemonaide when you get lemons

·
Premium Member
4,024 Posts
Mybe I'm a sucker, but I like that little plug that Newbonneville sells....Gives me somewhere else to put a lil Union Jack :))

·
Premium Member
283 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
I tried the automotive plastic plugs, but didn't like the look so much. I ended up just going to Ace Hardware and going thru their nuts and bolts section and found a good setup that way.

But those plugs from Joker Machine look awesome..

·
Premium Member
3,599 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks all, keep em coming

I must say I do like the Jokers but a bit pricey and I would like to use them holes for something.

How about a DIY Bracket for a GPS or camera mount . Hmmmm

Then for you retro red necks .... twin CB antenas:Cigar:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts