Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dumb, dumb question. Changing the oils on my '67 bobber 650cc. The first pick shows the gear oil plug (above the kicker), what plug does the 2nd pic show (in the middle of the block). Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
First pic is of the plug you remove to change your clutch cable. The second pic is where you fill the gearbox.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Not really, you could fill the gearbox from either plug hole actually. Its just easier to use the top hole with a small funnel.
If you remove the one near the kickstarter, you will see the nipple on the end of the clutch cable and how it locates in the end of the arm.
You need a 1/4 moon type of spanner to take the plugs out, a large washer in a set of vise grips works. I made my own decades ago, used an angle grinder shape the 1/4 moon, and oxy to 90 degree bend the steel strap.

·
Registered
949 Posts
close enough. the old american silver dollars were 1.5 inches. now i ll have to go dig up a half crown to see how much better it works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts